Let me preface this by saying I’m a good cook. I am too! But lately, I have had some real dogs. Let me share my latest fiasco.
Recipe for Cub Scout Pack Meeting Treats:
1. Get brilliant idea for dinosaur-shaped Rice Crispie treats made with caramels. They’ll be delicious!
2. Go buy caramels, cereal, marshmallows, and look for a dino cookie cutter, since the theme is Jurassic Pack.
3. Go buy more cereal, because 50 cub scouts is a lot. Toss the dino since it’s too big to make enough bars.
4. Make the treats – put into pan lined with waxed paper and then roll out using waxed paper. It won’t stick.
5. When waxed paper sticks, swear, and try chilling the treats in the refrigerator.
6. Tug at the paper for awhile, get majorly sticky, decide to freeze treats.
7. When paper is still stuck, swear some more, give up, and give them to your kids to pick at and eat.
8. Go to store. Buy Brownine mix.
9. Start mixing brownies. Discover you have no vegetable oil.
10. Call neighbor for vegetable oil. Get oil. Make brownies.
11. Watch brownies very carefully because you are making them in a shallow pan and know they will cook faster.
12. Keep checking brownies. Put them back in over for five minutes because they still look too gooey.